Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Beary Thankful for Family!

Phew... we made it! From Round Rock to Belton on up to Lubbock, Justin and I experienced a traditional whirlwind of Thanksgiving activities, complete with food, family and of course, football! While we were excited to pull into our garage on Sunday afternoon we would not have traded our Thanksgiving adventures for anything! There is nothing better than spending time with family!

Our first stop... Belton, TX for the Cox Family Thanksgiving! What a relaxing few days... we didn't do too much other than eat, sleep and be merry! :) Justin and I stayed with his grandparents this time around and they spoiled us rotten! Thanks Gran and Poppa! Check out the group photo below... not sure the end of a photo line is a good spot for someone who is 8 months pregnant... the angle is a little scary, BUT Caden is as handsome as ever regardless of how his momma looks!
Next stop... Lubbock, TX for the Whitaker Family Thanksgiving!

It is a good thing we rested up in Belton because a Whitaker Family Thanksgiving is nothing short of entertaining! My cousin Amanda also affectionately known as "Boozy" and her husband Rick were our hosts for the weekend, opening up their home to the wild bunch! Thanks Boozy and Rickie... we appreciate all you did! Side note, Boozy and Rick are expecting their first in May! Caden is super excited about meeting his new cousin!

This is the only picture I have from the actual Thanksgiving festivities at Boozy's house, but there were several cameras flying around so I'll be sure to post more as I get them. At least the one I do have is of my momma and me... aren't we cute?

So the REAL reason we went to Lubbock this year instead of our traditional Thanksgiving spot (Abilene, TX) is to watch our Bears take on the Red Raiders. You see we are somewhat of a "house divided." About half of family went to Tech and the other half to Baylor, with the one exception of our Aggie of course... we still love you Clay! Surprisingly, for the next three years, this year being the first, Tech and Baylor will play each other the Saturday after Thanksgiving. After some gentle urging from Tech's finest Athletic Dept. employee Rickie (Boozy's hubbie), we decided to try and make the BU vs. Tech game a family tradish... and after looking back at our first attempt, I think we accomplished our goal! Way to go team!


VS. 

Luckily my Aunt and Uncle are VIPs and have a box, complete with free food and beverages, indoor/outdoor viewing and easy access to public restrooms...Caden and I were set. Braving a football game in the cold west Texas wind could have been a bit problematic for me in my current state of being, but with our plush accommodations Caden and I handled the game as good as our Bears handled Graham and the Gang! GO BAYLOR!

Pre-game Photo Shoot:

My Gram and her three girls: Aunt Terry, my momma, Gram, and Aunt Martha. You think they're related?Justin and my Uncle Dee... the most hardcore fans on either side of the ball!

The Girls: Michelle (Shell), Shannon (Shan), Me (Chadie), Kathleen (Chatty) and Amanda (Boozy) We missed you Em!
GROUP SHOT!! 
Our family...so sweet!

SCOREBOARD!! Baylor's up 13-7... we are in shock, but lovin' every minute of the glory! Sic 'em!
A shot from the box... Unfortunately and shockingly, Baylor does not make maternity clothes so I had to opt for a gold shirt and the juicy suit! Someone should get on that college maternity wear idea... it's as good as gold! 

And now we're home and I'm enjoying my first few days of stay-at-home motherhood! Some of the pleasures I have enjoyed so far:
  • Not wasting 3 hours sitting in traffic!
  • Going to the grocery store at 10am on a Monday morning.
  • Having not one piece of dirty laundry in my house (for now).
  • Wearing my juicy suit and yoga pants ALL day.
  • Putting on make-up if I want,  and if not...great!

Stay tuned for more... 

Hope you each had a 'beary' happy Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for!

Love to you all!







3 comments:

twhit said...

We had so much fun. You were a real trooper. I really hope we can make it to Roundrock after Caden is born. Good luck and see ya soon.

frankandmichelle said...

I can't wait to hang out in the middle of the day. Welcome to the SAHM club!

Emily and Josh said...

I had no idea that Baylor and Tech faced off like that for the next two years! Can't wait to jump in the action next year!