Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still growing... and growing... and growing...

It is pretty normal these days to get stopped by complete strangers for "Caden-talk!" Today, Justin and I hit up the outlet mall by our house and here is the play-by-play from our very first encounter of the day...

"Oh look at you," a blond, middle-aged sales woman said as I strolled by her t-shirt cart.

"Yep, look at me," I smile.

She stepped out a little further and said, "You know I was big like you with my first. Is this your first?"

"Very first," I stop to chat!

"Well, I was big just like that with my son, are you having a boy?"

"Yep, a little boy!"

"Well, I was big just like you (You think she thinks I'm big? She said it three times!!) and you know what they did," she asked? "My doctor called for a sonogram when I was about 39 weeks because I was growing so much they thought I was actually having twins!"

"Oh, that's funny! I think I will have a sonogram at my next appointment too, just to check things out, but I'm pretty sure we're not thinking twins," I giggle. 

"Oh yah, don't worry about that. You know what it ended up being," she asked as she excitedly awaited the delivery of her punchline?

"A 10 pound baby!"

"Ha ha, oh, ha ha ha! A 10 pounder huh? Oh, my! Ha ha!"

"Well good luck to you, you'll love every minute of motherhood!"

"Thank so much, I'm really looking forward to it!"

Alright ladies and gents, it's time to place your bets... 10 pounds anyone? 9? 8? 


Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

KK said...

Ok, today I'm thinking 9 pounds for sure. I think you have grown since yesterday!! Love that belly!

Katy said...

Kelly's baby (our niece) was 10 lbs 13 oz... she had her naturally... hopefully that's not the case for you!! :) We'll be praying for you guys this week!
-Colin and Katy

Olson Family said...

you are not going to have a 10 lb baby! I guess 7 lbs 12 ozs :) whatever he is he'll be the perfect size!

Shelly said...

I'm SO excited for Caden to get here! I check the blog daily for an update! :) haha... You look beautiful!