Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Post-Christmas Miracle

Praise the Lord the day after Christmas was a Thursday and a business day... with doctors who were open and ready to see us.

Since we were still at home we decided to take advantage and get Kaki and I into the doctor.

Kaki we thought had picked up a cold over a week before we left for Waco, but she never seemed to get any better. Lots and lots of snot and coughing... so much that it made her throw up on Christmas Eve.

And then she started complaining about her ear hurting...

And so I figured HEY... we are still too sick to go to Corpus so let's spend a day the doctor's office.

Right before Kaki and I were leaving to go to the pedi, Caden decided he'd throw up...

He too had had a lot of post-nasal drip, but again... thought he picked up a touch a Kaki's cold and was getting better... but that morning he took a turn for the worse too...

But I hadn't made him an appointment and the receptionist told me they wouldn't see him at the same time, only to have my doctor later tell me that she would have... BUT...

It didn't end up mattering... because after a thorough examination my doctor said...

I think it's allergies...

Put her and Caden and Zyrtec and come see me if anything changes...


And in the meantime... YOU need to get yourself to the doctor...

HA! I think I was scaring everyone...

She was relieved to know I too had an appointment to see my allergist that afternoon!

Which led to this...



Pretty aren't I?

I got a neb and a 10 day course of steroids and she sent me on my way. My allergies had gotten WAY out of control... thank you Cedar! She gave me a script for the steroids and an antibiotic if the steroids didn't start doing their job by Saturday evening... and then I would be good to go. I had a bowl game coming up... I needed to hurry up and heal!!

While I was at the doctor's office that afternoon I felt a little funny...

Uh-Oh...

The Stomach Bug...

I knew it...

And I was right!

I was able to make it to Walgreens to get my meds and then home before it got going...

It lasted a full 6 hours for Justin and then he was over the worst...

I was hopeful for the same...

6 Hours later...

I was over the worst! (It was the best kind of stomach bug to have... we were very thankful!)

Now to heal...

And pray that the kids would remain healthy!

OH...

And the Post-Christmas miracle... 

Modern Medicine...

Zyrtec... I wish I would have started my kids YEARS ago on Zyrtec... they have been DIFFERENT kids... especially Kaki! It has helped so very much! I am so grateful for my doctor!!

It took a while to get them under control... we still had a few more episodes of Caden gagging, coughing and throwing up in his sleep... but within four days of the adult dose he was so much better. He keeps telling me, "Man that Zyrtec is doing its job... I haven't throwed up in my bed!" Bless his heart!

AND 

STEROIDS... God Bless them! 

In two days... I was better... 

And we were all better enough by Saturday to head to CC!!

FINALLY!!

And only three days late! ;)



No comments: