Friday, December 11, 2009

While the Cats Are Away, The Mice Will...

Play hide and seek with KK and Albi...


Practice walking behind his push-toys...

Practice walking with the help of Albi...

And take a break to smell the roses... or to pet KK and Albi's dog, Molli...

So, I know that is not the REAL story you were all anxious to hear about. You all knew Caden would be fine, but it was me you were worried about wasn't it?! Well, to tell you the truth, I was REALLY worried about me too and that was why I was so upset to leave Caden for the first time.

In my EXTREME arrogance, I had convinced myself that if God-forbid anything had happened to Justin and I that poor Caden would NEVER be able to survive in this world without his Mommy! Oh dear, dear, dear! Aren't I a piece of work?! So I wrote my letters to Caden and to our family and packed up my stuff, crying all the while, and we hit the road.

I cried when we left (he was napping, which was probably better) but was able to pull myself together fairly quickly and only cried a few times throughout the weekend. SO, the weekend was a success. It was a fun time to see friends and even a few family members in the piney woods of East Texas. The wedding was outdoors, cold and BEAUTIFUL! It was one of the best weddings I have ever had the pleasure to attend. It was one of those weddings where everything seemed to fall into place! It was as close to perfect as it could have been. Simplicity at its finest. I am ready to do it all over again and get married outdoors... but Justin wasn't so much up for that... a vow renewal maybe? On our 10 year anniversary?! Y'all there?!!

I really appreciate all of you who sent sweet emails, texts and prayers my way during my time away. It really was super encouraging to know that I had the support of other mommies out there who had been there, done that and had wonderful wisdom and funny stories to impart. Nice to know I'm not the only one who lives on a emotional roller coaster! :)

AND a special, special thanks to KK and Albi for coming in, taking over and ensuring Caden was well taken care of and welcoming us back home to a spectacularly clean house! Thank you, thank you KK and Albi!

I've heard it doesn't get easier, but the tears don't last for as long... which is GREAT to know because by the time I made it to the wedding I was one big, red-eyed, puffy, swollen mess of girl, so all those people I hadn't seen in a few years probably think motherhood is treating me pretty rough... which isn't true at all! Motherhood is the greatest gift ever, which has made the homecoming all the more special and the days to follow so much fun! Caden and I have had a fun week back together again! :) Check out the posts above to see a bit of our fun!


1 comment:

Steph Meyer said...

so excited for FIVE new posts. WOW! dylan and i love all of the photos and think caden is one lil' guy. talk to you soon.
xoxo
steph