Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two's Company, Three Was Never a Crowd, BUT Five Might BE!!

In November of 1981, my grandmother's first two of eight grandchildren were born. Twins girls, Amanda and Michelle, born to my Mom's middle sister, a lady who I know as Aunt Terry. About nine months later in August of 1982, I was born, just in time for the three of us to grow up tracking each other in the same grade in school and setting us up for a lifetime of friendship!

Aren't we adorable in our little dresses on our great-grandmother's couch in Chattanooga, TN? Of course I may be biased, but I think that little cutie in the middle looks a lot like my little man... wonder why?! And that sweet girl on the left looks strikingly similar to Caden's THIRD cousin Cy... don't you think?! :)

So there we were... put together from birth whether we liked it or not, BUT lucky for us and for the rest of the family we liked each other A LOT! We always had the MOST fun when we were together... and boy did we do all sorts of things... We were quite entrepreneurial at an early age... in fact etsy had NOTHING on us and our card and party shop we affectionately named Cous-ann's. I think we grossed at least $5-$10 each holiday which in the late 80s and early 90s was a KILLING! In fact, we used that money to walk down the road and stock up on candy, primarily of the fruit variety, when we went to check out videos from the video store. Apparently, times have changed because our parents used to let us walk down there ALL BY OURSELVES and the video store was just mere steps from a major highway... trusting or stupid? I'll let y'all be the judges of that one! :) Of course, we were always up for an adventure... the three of us... one time while they were visiting my family and I in Marfa we got lost in the Davis Mountains with some teenage boys who had promised to have us home by lunch. After being pulled up onto different pieces of the cliffs and falling into a cactus we were full-blown Indiana Jones girls of the wild! It would appear that by the time we were 10 we were destined to become something greater... obviously or how else would we have ever survived some of our parent's greatest choices!?!? By the grace of God! :) (Just kidding KK and Terry... SORT OF! HA!)

I mean look at us... the picture of success...

In homemade dresses and AWESOME hair... we were TROUBLE! :) From left to right... Michelle, Amanda and ME! Look how much shorter I was... come high school I would surpass them by INCHES... about 3 to be exact! :) I was a late bloomer!

Before we went off on our own... into the great big world of college... my Grandmother took her first three grandgirls to Myrtle Beach for a little graduation trip! Our days consisted of mornings BAKING in the sun, afternoons catching episodes of Real World from the pull out sofa and nights out on the town of Myrtle... As you can see NOT one of us was concerned about age spots... or wrinkles... and apparently WHITE eye-shadow was ALL the rage! And those overalls I'm sporting... were capri overalls... can you get enough of those? They were my favorite!! And paired with an Old Navy halter top, and chunky Reef flip flops they were the perfect thing for the beach! :)

Bless our crispy hearts... how were we ever going to find a man?!! Well... Michelle had DONE found her man by the end of middle school... she and her hubby Kaleb were middle school sweethearts who survived the test of time and made it...

Amanda and I still had some searching to do. I was hoping to go off to college and meet somebody new and she wasn't sure if she was wanting to stick with the old of high school or find something new too... turns out... I didn't find anything new and she did! And Rick and Justin would be the men that would later join our family!

The three of us getting hitched added to our family size ten-fold... then it was time to have babies... Caden came first... then my cousin Amanda had Cy just 5 months later. And then there were two... two boys... two great-grandbabies for my Grandmother with the hopes of many more to come!

And boy if 2011 isn't going to be our year because excitingly... we are about to grow from 2 to 5 in a matter of months! We are ALL THREE PREGNANT!! Can you believe it?

I am due in late June...
Amanda is due with her second (ANOTHER BOY!!) in mid-October.
Michelle is due with her first (A GIRL!!!) in mid-October too.

Their due dates are just days... four days to be exact... apart!! So by Thanksgiving this year we are going to be having a FULL BLOWN baby party!! Kaki will have two new playmates... a girl to play dolls with and a boy to pester!! :) Caden and Cy will RULE the roost but it won't be long before the three youngest will use their higher number to give them a run for their money! Watch out big brothers!!!

So needless to say we are THRILLED beyond belief and blessed just the same to be bringing in three new babies to the family in 2011. Kaki and the other two will not be in the same grade, but they will be closer in age than both Caden and Cy and me and Amanda and Michelle, SO I have no doubt that the grade separation will in no way impact their relationship from blossoming into something to be treasured!

How cute are they??!!! I wish we had a picture of all of us pregnant together but the last time we were all together I was LARGE and they were just finding out so I am afraid our bump picture would have been kind of one-sided! :)

Twins... each with a baby... due just four days apart! Couldn't be more excited for them both!! I love you two!!

So as you can see...

Caden and Cy are company...

And Amanda, Michelle and I were the THREE that were NEVER a crowd...

BUT... with five grandbabies on the loose... you just never can tell what will happen!

Whether it is crazy or calm... we are ready!! Bring it on babies!! :)

6 comments:

KK said...

So so cute. And it is going to be so so fun!!

Melissa said...

I had no idea that Amanda and Michelle were pregnant too! That is sooo exciting for them and you! Y'all are going to have a blast when all the kiddos get together!

Michelle Clay said...

You are sooo sweet. We are so lucky to have eachother. Thank you so much for the wonderful blog. It literally brough a tear to my eye!
MIchelle

Amanda said...

I totally laughed out loud when you wrote bless our crispy hearts. I think I was roasted until age 21. This is such a sweet post. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I can't wait to see what the future brings!

ohyouprettythings said...

Your family is so beautiful!! :] Love your blog!! Good luck in your pregnancy!! :] Your kids are adorable! :]

twhit said...

OMG...it definitely brought a tear to my eye. It seems like you three should still be in those t-shirt dresses and that cute hair! You girls are such a blessing to all of us, and I can not wait to see what fun the future holds. By the time we are through having grandkids, who knows how many there will be :)