Friday, September 3, 2010

Tube-u-lar Update!!

Good afternoon! Happy Friday!

Just wanted to give y'all a quick update on Caden. We arrived at the hospital at 6:00am this morning with our lil' man all bundled up in his cutest pair of PJs ready to tackle the upcoming surgery. Justin and I both had a great peace this morning about the surgery and knew it was the best thing for Caden. Of course, that is not to say that we were excited about it...but this would be the first of several things that are necessary and that we similarly don't enjoy! :)

Caden seemed a bit apprehensive when we arrived this morning. We sat his room, room #7, for a few minutes trying to get him interested in the TV show they had playing on Disney, BUT he was really wanting to explore and check out the place so we loaded him up in a wagon that have for kiddos and we walked up and down the halls of the surgery floor. The wagon was a lifesaver... and an arm saver... our little wiggle worm was putting up quite a fight to get down while we were in the room... and I can't say that I blame him. He knew something was up and he needed to find out what.

We met with our anesthesiologist and then the Doctor briefly and then before we knew it two really sweet nurses with big, bright colored hats came and took him away! Now this part was hard! I said bye gave him a big hug and a kiss and away he went through the BIG double doors that said authorized personnel only. He was UPSET... of course he was! After my last brave smile I walked back into the room and shed a few tears myself... of course I did! And then all was okay.

For the next 20 minutes Justin, KK and I just chilled and watched GMA in the room. Within 10 minutes the doctor came back out and reported that everything went great that there was LOTS of fluid behind his ears that he sucked out and that he should be back to us in a few minutes once he woke up.

Then sure enough... a few minutes later in walked a sweet nurse with our crying boy! Waking up was pretty hard on him... he wasn't in total control of his limbs so he was loosey goosey and his head was all wobbly... and because of the sheer size of his HEAD when it went wobbly the rest of him followed, so we had a kind of amusing yet sad time with him until he perked up.

Once they took his osat monitor off and we told him we were headed home he was like an entirely new person. He had refused popsicles, ice and juice (all HIGHLY unlike him) but as soon as we headed down the hallway and out the doors he was DOWNING the juice and waving goodbye to all of the kind people who treated him! "See ya suckas!!... I'm out!!"

We got home about 7:45 this morning and since then it has been business as usual! Now he's napping just like he normally would! It's like waking up at 5:30 this morning and having surgery was just a dream... and we are thanking the good Lord for that!

We appreciate all of the sweet texts, emails and voicemails we've received this week and this morning! Y'all are so sweet to think of us and especially pray for us... thank you!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We're gearing up on Sunday to head to Waco for the day/night... can't wait to share our fun when we get home!!


(please note that no pictures were shared seeing as 5:30am is not a good look for any of us... especially a coming-out-of-surgery Caden! No one wants to see that!)


Cori said...

Yay! So glad everything went so smoothly. Can't wait to see that sweet boy in Waco this weekend!

Mrs. Spaulding said...

I'm so glad that everything went well and it's over!

Steph Meyer said...

so glad to know it all went perfectly! love you guys!