Monday, February 1, 2010

My 13 Month Old Heartthrob!!

February 1st, 2010! Oh my! It's Caden's 13th Month Birthday! 

And we all know that February is all about HEARTS! Valentine's Day HEARTS and Heart Disease HEARTS! But this first post of February is going to be all about MY HEART!

My Caden! My lil 13 Month Old Heartthrob!

In honor of HEART month I am going to do his birthday post a little differently. I am going to list a few things I HEART about Caden and a few things that I don't so much HEART about Caden. Hehe! It is always good to keep things real, isn't it?!

THINGS I HEART ABOUT MY LIL MAN:
  • His laugh, oh my that giggle melts me!
  • His short little legs and LONG body. 
  • His way of communicating. Although I'm anxious for him to say his first word, I love watching his little mind and body work so hard at communicating his thoughts.
  • His energy... the boy has some serious energy. He plays hard!
  • His adventurous spirit. He's been so brave about trying new things... even new people!
  • His LOVE of music! He wants to listen to Praise Baby ALL DAY long. He will sit and watch for a little bit, but mostly he likes to have it on in the background while he plays.
  • His HUGS! He gives the sweetest Mommy hugs and I cherish each one. Today he wrapped his arms SUPER tight around my neck when I was putting him down for his nap... so sweet! And to be clear he will hug almost anything and anybody, but I can't help but think that my hugs are just that much better than the ones he gives to everyone else! :) It's a mother's prerogative!
  • His walk that is now turning into more of a jog. It's hilarious!
  • His love of ALL things including a BALL! 
  • His sweet little voice that chatters throughout the house.
  • His sweet, tender, sensitive soul. He is my kindred spirit!
THINGS I DON'T SO MUCH HEART ABOUT MY LIL MAN:
  • His temper. His face turns red, he grits his teeth, balls up his fists and shrieks. He's even done this a few times in public and it didn't go too well for him. He got in BIG trouble!
  • His love of throwing food on the floor. Even when he knows that if he is finished he is supposed to give it back to Mommy. He'll rest it in my hand like he's going to give me his food and then he'll throw it backwards really fast like I didn't notice. Lil punk!
  • His adventurous spirit... I know I said I HEART it but it also has been cause for a few bloody lips, noses and other injuries as of late! 
  • His drool! I know this is nothing he can control, but we are back to wearing bibs again because we were going through 3-4 outfits a day! Ick, ick, ick!
  • His teeth! Again, nothing he can control, but COME ON they are slow!! He still has only 4!
Of course even the things I don't so much HEART about Caden are things that I know are just part of plain 'ol parenthood and the discipline that comes with it. He's definitely been giving me a run for my money in the discipline department lately. I feel so ridiculous sometimes, like I have no clue what I'm doing and just walk around saying NO, NO, NOOOO all the time. But then I see times when it works, when he FINALLY gets something we've been working on! I love the light bulbs moments... but of course even those are followed by another OOPS moment and the cycle repeats itself! This parenting stuff isn't easy! I knew it wouldn't be... people tried to tell me, and we did it anyway! :) Haha!

I do LOVE being a parent though... even when it's hard and sad! I L-O-V-E it! And I especially love being Caden's parent! It helps that I have a great partner in crime. Justin has definitely been the voice of reason when I fall down on the discipline... he is the one that steps right in and reinforces it! I need that!! 

But enough about that! Let's get to the good stuff... the 13 Month Old Photo Shoot!

I don't know if any of you boy moms out there have found a cute Valentine's Day shirt or outfit for your lil men, but we haven't had much luck so what's a girl to do? MAKE IT YOURSELF!

Luckily I happened to have some red fabric that KK brought this weekend that was BEGGING to be used. I traced a heart using a box of chocolates KK also brought us, cut it out and hand stitched it on a white onesie! I was a little nervous about my stitching abilities so I used red thread, but now I wished I had used white b/c my stitches ended up being pretty even... who knew?!  And of course I think he looks adorable in it, so I think it was a good move to go for the homemade Valentine! :)

Drum roll please...

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to my HEART...

My lil man...

The 13 Month Old Heartthrob from Round Rock, TX...

CADEN FORD COX!!


I'm melting!!
You knew I couldn't get him to sit still for too long...




I HEART those chubby legs... I really do! He is almost cellulite free and it is breaking my heart!!
Mr. Moose HAD to get in on the love!!

We tried to move locations, but Caden was SO over it!

I'm outta here Mom...

Going...
Going...
GONE!!!!
After I caught up with my little speedster we came back downstairs and played with some Valentine's Day window stickers that KK gave Caden this weekend... 

I figured it might give me a few more photo-ops while we were playing...



Poor little boy was so ready to be outside today, but it was WAY too cold and wet... so inside had to do! Good thing we had lots of fun things to HEART!

I sure do HEART each minute I get to spend with my lil Heartthrob!!

Happy 13 Month Birthday Cade-man!!


2 comments:

KK said...

Oh my gosh......way too cute!! Love that sweet boy!!

the G Rowes said...

I a huge fan of Caden's valentine outfit!!! I'm so impressed that you made that, love it! He looks so hugable in his pictures!