Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CADEN IS ALL BOY!!

Well, there is NO rest for the weary when you are Caden's Mommy! No sir! It's up and at 'em Mom! Let's go... let's play, let's go outside... I don't care that you have allergies and that our romp in the park last week is what drove you to overdose on benadryl which is what ultimately led to your sinus infection... I don't really care about that! Get up! Put on your Mommy panties and let's go!

Okay, so maybe he isn't THAT cruel! We have done our share of romping in the pollen this week, but I have tried my hardest to find FUN things to do inside so that outside won't seem near as appealing! But alas... he is MY child and LOVES the outdoors. 

So in my attempts to keep him busy without exposing myself to the elements we've been doing a lot of ballin', campin' and loungin'... and I've been trying to tap into my inner-boy, because Caden is ALL boy!!

Ballin'...

We are SO excited that basketball season is here and that our Bears are AWESOME! Justin and I have had various conversations about how we mis-named Caden. He should have been named Lacedarius Cox... perhaps even Lacedarius Tweety Cox... there is hope for kiddo number 2?!
These were actually taken last weekend... Justin is not usually lounging on the floor during the week! It's too bad though!


What a baller!! 
Campin'...

I've been wanting to build a "fort" for Caden for a few weeks now, but I haven't gotten around to it... but this week I finally decided that it was going to be necessary. Bringing the outdoors, in and all of that...

I may not be a very good fort maker though because after about 10 minutes the fort lost its appeal! Ha!

Okay, and there is definitely something I am going to need to explain... 

I am sure you are ALL wondering why I make Caden use a wooden passy?!! WELL, here is the thing with the wooden passy. The wooden passy is also a puzzle piece with a HUGE wooden knob on the other end. We have been taking his REAL passy away from him during the day lately because we like to hear him "talk." And our doctor said that too much passy use can cause ear infections... so... we've been cuttin' it out... but my child has a creative spirit and will find ALL sorts of substitutes for his passy. The puzzle piece is his favorite... the circle piece specifically...

He carries it around in his mouth like it's no big thing... just like he would the passy.



How can that be comfortable? 

KK was concerned when I told her about this and she imparted some motherly wisdom on me and said, "take that away from him and put the puzzles up... he could chip a tooth!"

I hadn't thought of that ... guess I should have, but then again that is why God gives us mothers right?! 

So the puzzles are in the toy box!

Loungin'....

Caden LOVES Praise Baby DVDs, but he does not like ANYTHING else... I tired Baby Einstein, NickJr shows, etc. I think its the music that he LOVES! When he hears certain commercials on the TV that have piano-like music, he'll stop dead in his tracks and watch, but if there is no music, he's not interested! 

He's been really wanting to watch his Praise Baby lately... so much so that he morphed into this weird, still, calm child who lounges in front of the TV. He was so freaking cute just laying in the floor watching his video... I had flashbacks of watching my brother doing the same thing when he was little!



I am continually on the mend and hoping to make it to Bible study tomorrow morning... yay! Of course as I learned last week, we really do have to take things one day, sometimes one hour at a time... so we'll see what the next 24 hours brings us!

We'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Cori said...

So precious! I need to see that boy soon! Looks like y'all are having so much fun!

KK said...

He may be all boy but he is the sweetest boy ever!

Melissa said...

Glad you are feeling better!! The wooden paci is so cute! I love that he is lounging to watch the praise baby dvd's! I need to get those and show them to Carter. I always forget about our baby einstein, guess I should try them out!

emilysandvall said...

LOVE THE WOODEN PASSY. HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to see y'all in FEB sometime soon!!!!