Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nap Time...Sigh!

Okay so the plan was to go private today, but I'm not thinking I'll get everything loaded in time... 

BUT... I needed to have a place to say what I have to say about today's nap time!

I really just have one question...

If my child's head starts spinning around on his body while he screams bloody murder should I be worried?!?!

OMG... I've got a stubborn one on my hands! We're hanging in there though! We've had more naps than no naps, so there is progress, and progress is progress right?!

Oh and another question for you mommies out there...

Caden LOVES to roll from back to tummy but can't seem to get back. So today during his afternoon nap, while his head is spinning around on his body and he is screaming like there's no tomorrow he is turning over then getting stuck and crying LOUDER, so I go upstairs (bonus: extra workout for mommy) flip him back over and we start the process over again... should I just leave him and let me cry it out and wait to turn him over during my 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes check-ins? I have a video monitor so I will be able to see if he is okay... so hard to know what I should do...

WAIT! By George I think he's got it... turned his head to the side while on his tummy... now asleep...okay well close to it...

And we're back to crying... but it's not screaming... so again PROGRESS!

And on that note I'm out... almost time for a Dr. Ferber check-in!

Hope to go private tonight/tomorrow...

Email me: iwanttoreadyourblog@gmail.com

Screaming again...

3 comments:

Olson Family said...

haha You have some serious will power:) He sounds like Jack when we went cold turkery off the paci because he kept throwing it behind his crib. The first few days of naps were AWFUL...but on day 4 or 5 we seemed to have a breakthrough! It takes a few days for them to get that this is new routine and they will have to soothe themselves in a different way... He is still so cute even if his head does spin around when he's crying:)

Olson Family said...

sorry...cold "turkey"...not cold "turkery" :)

the G Rowes said...

I'm impressed, you are dedicated and I bet he will be a sleeping like a little angel in just a few more days! We've set a date to move Ava to the crib so my endurance days are about to start. Good LUCK !! You are a mommy stud for hanging in there!