Friday, May 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN/DADDY!!

You say it's your birthday? Well it's not mine quite yet
But Mommy and I would like to propose a little birthday bet
Let go of your wallet there's no money involved
Your birthday won't be complete until this matter is resolved

The bet involves a number so special to mommy and me
The number of years that it took you to turn into the man I want to be
27 is your number, today, tomorrow and for the rest of the year
And if we want to finish this poem before then we better kick it into high gear

You possess many, many traits that make us love you more each day
But we'll just share 27 in honor of this landmark day in May
1 is an important number, we all must start with this
I love how you always plant me with the biggest, wettest kiss

2 is for you and me and all the fun that we'll have
I love that I look like you from my head to my calve
Right now our family is represented by the great number 3
I love knowing that no matter who comes next you'll always have room for me

You and Mommy both came from a nice family of 4
I love the sound you make each night when walking through the door
If you count Max and Maci our family adds up to 5
I love how you keep mommy well-fed so I can continue to thrive

6 is a three letter word and it's also a number too
I love how you like us to match from our shirt to our shoe
7-11 is the place where we can get a slurpee, right?
I love our time in the rocking chair each and every night

Between 8 and 8:30 it's time to rest my head
I love our nighttime routine before you put me to bed
9 is fine and so too can be hair and dining
I love how you always manage to see the silver lining

10 is our first double digit but there's still more to go
I love how your face shows excitement in the form of a cheeky glow
We've made it to 11, this has been way too easy
I love how your sense of humor is always nice and cheesy

12 months are in a year and as a baby I celebrate each
I love that sports of all kinds are the things that you will teach
Our first stop in the teens, 13 makes its mark
I love how you take Mommy and me for long walks in the park

Between 13 and 14 we've reached a point called halfway
I love how you dream of taking me to Wrigley and Fenway
Many cultures celebrate 15 as a coming of age
I love that in my journey you'll be my supportive gage

Sweet 16 means a big party and of course a license to drive
I love how you take on a challenge, right on in you dive
When you were 17 you fell in love with your future wife
I love that you made her my mommy and gave us this great life

18 is an even number and a good one at that
I love how you run to stay in shape and keep away the fat
I'm sure glad I learned how to count higher than 19
I love how you help Mommy keep our house nice and clean

20 dollars is its own bill and can be used to purchase and buy
I love how you are already teaching me to be a sweet and solid guy
At 21 you can purchase any drink of your choice
I love how you sing to me in your sweet, but pitchy voice

Here we are at double 2's (22), the age when you got hitched
I love how happy you make mommy so that us dudes don't get ditched
23, gee my knee I don't have much more time
I love that up your chest each day you let me climb and climb

Uncle Josh just turned 24 and you said he's so young
I love how you mimic my newest tricks like blowing bubbles with my tongue
A quarter of a century is also represented in the number 25
I love watching TV with you, especially sports LIVE

By George we're almost there, at 26 we arrive
I love your spirit, as sweet as honey straight from a bee's best hive
27 done and done and now I'm getting sad
There is so much more I want to say! I do, real bad!


I love you Daddy with all my heart and I know Mommy loves you too
A Happy Birthday, many blessings and more we wish to you!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Tell Justin Happy Birthday from the Leaches and Wicksons!!

Rachel said...

You are SO creative!

CaseyWiegand said...

okay i love reading your blog so much...I wish so bad you lived closer so we could hangout and have playdates!!!!! please please let me know if youre ever in Dallas....we'll have so much to talk about!!!!!