Sunday, June 6, 2010

Feelin' Crabby!

Okay, so none of us are actually feeling crabby it's just an attempt at a creative little title that you'll understand if you make it to the end of this MONSTER weekend re-cap post! We've got videos...we've got pictures... we've got giggles...we've got laughter...we've even got a picture of Mommy and that hardly ever happens! Ha! So sit back relax and enjoy the ride through our weekend...

If you haven't caught up on our Friday fun you must... see the post before this one to meet one of Caden's newest buddies! 

Saturday was pretty much business as usual for the Cox clan. Actually... business as usual typically means plans, but we decided to cancel all of our plans for this weekend and enjoy a nice few days of family fun. And by canceling ALL of our plans it just meant a babysitter and 35th birthday party invite... we really aren't as "cool" as "canceling all of our plans" makes it sound... truly, we are homebodies through and through!

So Saturday we did a little shopping at the Wal-marts... Caden has recently sprouted some serious inches so we had to stock up on some summer play clothes! We were pleasantly surprised with the selection and of course LOVED the price! After our trip to the Wal-marts we had a few other errands to run and then stopped by an Open House for an friend of ours... if you live in the area and need a new Optometrist, Dr. Brian Fell of Pioneer Vision is your guy! Make your appointment now! :)

While at the Open House Caden had his first "run-in" with a mascot... HILARIOUS! He was NOT so much a fan of the Round Rock Express' mascot Spike. He's a big bull dog and Caden decided that he prefers the slobbery, tail-wagging kind to the plush, jersey-wearin' kind! AGAIN we've found something to make him stand still... boat and mascot! Check and check!

After the Open House we headed to the pool to let Caden show off all his new tricks. Caden and I had been practicing a few things at the pool this week and Justin couldn't believe how far Caden had come in just a few weeks of swimming this year... I can't wait to see where he'll be by the end of the summer! He is fearless when it comes to the water which is both a good and not so good thing! Going to the pool with the Chade is a full-contact event and can leave a Mommy worn out! :) BUT it is definitely worth the wear and tear!

And Caden's pool time didn't end there...later that afternoon/evening we pulled out the trusty backyard pool and got busy! Caden and I pulled it out earlier in the week to beat that late afternoon heat... if he wants to play outside a pool is absolutely necessary! And let's be real... Mommy isn't up for two big pool trips a day, EVERY day... 

Here a few videos of our backyard fun...

The first one I must explain... Aarin (our next door neighbor) and Caden are BUDS and every time Caden is in the backyard he runs over to the wrought iron part of the fence and looks for his friend. Yesterday, he didn't have much luck, but you never know... always gotta check... just to be sure. He totally reminds me of Tim and Tool Man Taylor and Wilson... my little nosey boy!

f
This video I pretty self-explanatory... enjoy!

Okay so my cursor won't click before the picture and I've got an episode of FNL calling my name... so for the love of West Texas football we'll carry on...

The picture above is of me (obviously) and my handy dandy, homemade, state of the art, one of kind poop scooping glove! Justin and I have different techniques but I think mine is the best! He makes fun of me every time and last night since he was Mr. Camera Man he mocked me in photo-form too! And I decided to let him after I realized what he was doing... be thankful I didn't post the action shots he took... oh dear!

While I was doing the manual labor Caden was lounging in the pool...

Earlier this week I thought Caden might like a little more action in his pool so we popped that slide in there and he was in heaven! And when it's wet it goes SUPER fast... and when you climb back up the slide from the pool and you and it are both wet, injuries happen! Trust Caden... he knows it all too well! Haha... 


Whitey McWhiterson posing so well for his action shot...

And we're down...
Mommy was near by just in case... he was MOVIN' down that slide! :)

And now you'll finally understand our silly little title... Feelin' Crabby!

My grandmother and Caden's great-grandmother bought Caden and my cousin's little boy Cy matching Jon Jon's when she was vacationing in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. AND I have been DYING to get this thing on him! I LOVE it! And when we showed him what he looked like in the mirror before heading off to church this morning he was VERY pleased with his new crab-a-licious threads too! And of course he was a "hit" at church, or at least we like to think so! Haha! Thanks Gram!! We l-o-v-e, love it!

Since the humidity was 200% this morning my camera lens took a while to adjust so most of my pics came out blurry... I got a few though that aren't too bad! 

The Won't Smile Crab!

The Are You Serious Crab!

And finally, the Happy Crab!

And that about sums it up... 

Hope y'all had a fancrabstic weekend! :)

3 comments:

KK said...

Love the videos! The outfit looks precious on him and that last picture makes him look soooooo old!! But so glad to see that smile.

NieNie and Goose said...

Ok, we gotta get the 3 boys together this summer!! They are all waterdogs! When can ya'll come to Seminole????

Shelly said...

HI!!! I can't believe how big Caden is getting! Can it really be that is growing up so fast?? I just don't know where the time went. You look so good. I LOVE reading your blog and catching up on all that ya'll are doing! Tell Justin that Shellinda said hello. :) XOXO