Friday, June 25, 2010

Ear Infection Activities

On Monday night, not long after we put him to bed, Caden woke up screaming... worse than I've ever heard him...



So I sent Justin upstairs to do his Daddy magic and check on him...



He settled, then 20 minutes later... screaming...



So I went up... settled...



20 minutes later... screaming...



WHAT IN THE WORLD?



He never does this! Never! There must be something wrong...



Bad dreams? Tooth coming in?



Hmmmmm....



No fever...



I finally gave him some tylenol convinced that there is nothing else it could be besides teething... this of course was after about 4 hours of the 20 minutes off and on routine. And then he slept the rest of the night...hmmmmm



When we got up the next morning I picked him up and knew... uh-oh... we have a fever. Let's go ahead and make our doctor's appointment... I bet my sweet lil guy has an ear infection which explains the relief from the tylenol!!



The fever kept rising and I could tell my lil one wasn't quite himself...he was walking everywhere and not running and had a pretty short rope! :(



So we went to the doctor to find out that YES we did in fact have an ear infection in one ear and since we have NEVER been to the doctor when they haven't seen fluid in his ears, although this is only our 3rd actual infection they decided it would probably be best if we saw an ENT later this summer!!



I knew that was coming... they've been hinting at it and this infection sealed the deal! So in mid-July we'll be going to the ENT to figure out what's going on, but for now we're just going to have to take these little boogers in stride and take our YUMMY meds! :)



Later in the afternoon after a not so good nap, Caden and I found lots of fun "sick boy" things to do in his high chair. I popped in one of his favorite videos and we started with coloring, then moved to play dough and then stickers, which were our favorite!



I knew he didn't feel well when he never protested being in his high chair without food and was able to sit and play with something/anything for longer than a few minutes! Poor little man!



He only acted sick this one day and then he was back to normal...sleeping longer at night and during naps, but all in all I'd say he's a pretty easy patient! :)








No comments: