Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers


Do I even have to say it...?

WHAT A WEEKEND, WHAT A WEEKEND!

As promised in last weekend's recap, I have an exciting tale of travels to tell! Mommy and I were super busy preparing for our big trip last week, SO busy that mommy never did get around to blogging. I am two up on her... I expect her to catch up later this week. Don't you worry!

For now though, you'll have to listen (read) to little 'ol me!

The weekend started early... on Friday morning Mommy, Daddy and I hopped on 183 North headed for Abilene. It wasn't until just before Lampasas that we were slammed by a killer Texas thunderstorm. The rain sounded like the waves crashing in my sound machine so I really wasn't all too bothered, but Mommy told me a little later that she was pretty nervous about the outcome of our trip after such a rocky start... would it be worth it? 

Of course! So after a few road side stops looking at the radar through Mommy and Daddy's handy-dandy blackberries we were on our way... well that is until Brownwood...

A guy's gotta eat... and you know what else a guy's gotta do...? 

So we had a blowout in Brownwood... and not the tire kind if you know what I mean! Mommy and Daddy took pictures for posterity's-sake but they weren't blog appropriate so you'll have to use your most vivid imagination to visualize that part of the trip!

After I changed into some new threads we were on the road again... next stop Abilene!

Friday afternoon we started our rounds... 

First stop was Great Gram's of course, but that was just a quickie... it was off to lunch and then to my Great Uncle Roger and Great Aunt Kay's house, which actually is the same house my Albi grew up in and that my Great-Grandparents lived in for many many years. It was neat to get to take in the sites and sounds of Albi's old stompin' grounds!

I found myself a little confused when I was visiting my Uncle Roger... every time I heard his voice I craned my neck around... "Albi, is that you?" Darn! Fooled again! Uncle Roger and my Albi are nothing if they aren't brothers! Goodness gracious!

My sweet Aunt Kay was the greatest... she is not near as mean as my Albi made her out to be! Haha... I like getting my Albi in trouble... too easy, too easy!

What a fun visit... I am so glad Mommy has me in my green stripes ... first impressions are lasting impressions you know?! 

Unfortunately, my tummy required us to make a quick exit from Roger and Kay's... to Grandmother's house we go...

And guess whose car was in the driveway??

Case's...yah so you may not know about Case, honestly it was the first time I had met the guy outside of utero. He's my cousin Chatty's boyfriend... ewwwww yuck! Only thing good about that guy is that he brought Chatty to see me! I love playin' protective!

Chatty had prom this weekend... she wore an ORANGE dress! Neat huh? I like orange! Anaranjado... Mommy and I are learning our colors in English and Spanish... Orange... Anaranjado!

Now for the good stuff... the reason for our trip in the first place. April Showers Bring May Flowers... a baby shower for my cousin Cy Houston Leach! I can't wait to meet the little guy or big guy if he's anything like me! 

I'm not going to lie... the trip to Lubbock isn't too exciting, but having Gram and KK in the back seat with me was the best treat!

Mommy doesn't have any pictures of the actual shower on her camera but says some will be coming from others soon... she said something about not having enough hands... I don't know!

The shower was a blast, got to wear my "prissy girly outfit..." well that's what my cousin Rick calls it... but guess what?? His son will be wearing the EXACT same outfit home from the hospital! And come on... that Rick guy... all his shirts have T-T on them... don't believe me?? Ask my Daddy... he said so!

So back to the shower... my cousin Boozy had LOTS of friends and family there to send her off into parenthood. I think she'll do a great job... I spit up on her and she laughed... that's a GREAT sign! 

Here's a picture roll of the Lubbock crew...

Great Uncle Dee... what a guy! Everyone keeps saying... "Boy, Caden, the stories we could tell about this guy!" But then there are no stories... what's the deal? Not infant-appropriate or what? In time, in time... 

Stories or no stories, from what I can tell Uncle Dee and me will get along just fine!! :) 

Shannon, Shannon, give me your answer true... I'm half crazy, all for the love of you... it won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage, but you'll be sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two... 
Sweet Shell... you're my girl! I can't wait until you move back to Texas... someday soon?!?!

And the guy who makes fun of infants and wears shirts with T-T on them...this is also Cy's daddy... hopefully Cy can talk some fashion sense into his Daddy.

Great Aunt Terry... you're so silly! Thanks for the constant reassurance that I am a great baby! That's the teacher in her... praising me for good behavior!

And last but certainly not least... Boozy and Cy... Mommy got to feel Baby Cy... then she started crying and getting all emotional saying things like... "that's him... that's a human... that's Cy!" You'd think she'd be able to grasp this whole miracle of life thing by now... come on Mom!

Like a west Texas tumbleweed we rolled in and rolled right back out of Lubbock in just one day... but what a fun one it was! Next time we grace that part of the world with our presence it will be to visit my new best friend... Baby Cy!

Sunday morning we took it easy at Gram's and then hit the road... KK followed because she was on Caden-sitting duty later that afternoon! Mommy and Daddy went to a parenting class at church. Baby Dedication is next weekend so it's time to prepare!!

KK and I had a great time... you know what they say... 'when the cats are away the mice will play...' well my parents don't even like cats and I am much bigger than a mouse, but you know whatever...

KK helped me find something new to suck on... now that makes 50! 

There you have it... a tale of many travels!

Next up... Mommy to blog!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: