Monday, November 1, 2010

Battin' Pumpkins!

Happy Halloween everyone! (a day late...) You'll have to excuse my tardiness on getting a weekend post up YET again... the lil' man kept us out too late last night! And by the time I got home my head was spinning, thinking about those darn Rangers and well, bloggin' was just not happening!

Although the REAL Rangers were a bit of a disappointment last night, MY LIL' RANGER was sure to impress! I was SO super excited about his costume choice this year, even though I know there will probably be YEARS where he will want to be a baseball/football/basketball player, etc. BUT I could not resist the thought of those chubby little legs in baseball pants, with that poochy belly poking over a belt... are you kidding me??!! TOO MUCH! AND of course I believe that it should be a RULE that ALL baseball players where their pants up... SO I was pretty excited about those tall socks too... Caden is channeling David Murphy for sure!! :)

Yesterday afternoon our festivities started WELL BEFORE dark as we had a SUPER FUN Fall Festival at church to attend! This was our first Fall Festival at the church we've been visiting (still haven't updated y'all on that... sorry!) and we were THRILLED to have somewhere friendly to take Mr. Man to.

We woke him up a bit early from his nap in hopes of getting some good pics before we left, BUT since he knew where we were going it was HARD to get him to cooperate. We should have NEVER told him about the cookies and candy that would be there... our bad! :)

So here are a few of the "best we could do..."

I REALLY WANT TO GO NOW!!! Come on! Let's go! I've got my special bucket (THANKS KK) now let's get a move on people!!

BUT wait... FIRST we have to put on your eye-black!! Oh yes we did!! :)

A VERY proud moment for Daddy...

Now he's legit!! Totally and completely...

Now this next picture is just the SWEETEST/SADDEST thing ever... doesn't he look like he just LOST game 4 of the World Series??!! A sign of things to come I suppose....

Haha! I really think it was just the sun GLARING in his eyes that made him turn that smile into a sad, sad mile...

So we had to retreat to the side of the house for a little relief and to show the doggies our bucket and costume of course! They approved!



Caden had a GOOD idea for a photo-op and just plopped down for me!

But that didn't last long enough for me to even get a picture... off he goes...

Sweet boy!


Alright picture time over, let's blow this joint! Walking into Fall Festival...



A shot from the parking lot... looks like FUN!!!

After taking in the lay of the land, Daddy was determined that he and Caden were going to win some home baked goodies at the Cake Walk... BUT alas, they did not! And PRAISE Jesus because that is the last thing we needed in this house!! :)

After we played some of the indoor games and tried our hand at the Cake Walk we took Caden over to the Trunk or Treat row and let him have at it. Halloween is a little rough for Caden... seeing as he isn't too much of a fan of mascots, stuffed animals, etc. Halloween just won't be his best holiday I'm afraid! And to be honest I HATE the scary costumes too! I could totally do without them, but even the not so scary ones like the farmer with a LONG beard and the Gorilla were scary to sweet little Caden! Ha!!


So we avoided potential "Caden shaking in his boots" moments the best we could and collected some SERIOUS candy while we went...


We didn't quite get finished with the Trunk or Treating before Caden INSISTED on getting to partake in one of the goods... he chose a sucker... surprise, surprise!! A grape one no less... a kid after my own heart...
After all that Trunk or Treating Daddy was getting hungry and decided he needed to try some Frito Pie... YUM-YUM!

Then we headed off to play some of the outdoor games... and I bet you will NEVER guess what his favorite thing was... THE BASEBALL GAME!!! He fit his costume to a "T" ... :)

And after one time up at bat, OF COURSE we had to wait in line and try it again...


And this time he got to try a few extra times since the line wasn't too long behind him... Daddy even let him try to do it by himself! That bat was BIGGER than he was!! :)

But he was having a BIT of trouble hitting it into the inflatable SO Daddy stepped up to the plate (totally intentional pun! ha!) and helped him out!

After a SUPER fun (but a bit HOT) afternoon at Fall Festival we headed back to the hood to met up with the Rowe Family for dinner and trick or treating! This was Ava and Caden's second year to trick or treat together... SO FUN to have such sweet friends just a few blocks away!
The Peep and the Ranger...

We just trick or treated up and down the Rowe's street and LET ME TELL YOU... that was PLENTY! It was a mad house! You could barely walk down the sidewalk with all of the people hopping from house to house! We had never seen a Halloween night quite like it before. It was fun seeing all of the cute little costumes out there and TERRIFYING to see those teenage punks in their WAY TOO SCARY costumes trolling the neighborhood. AND to top it off they WILL NOT say hi or trick or treat or anything... I guess it ruins the whole "I'm trying to be freaky" vibe they've got going on!

So needless to say by the end of the night I was ready to go home, lock my door and crawl under my covers and wait for the sun to rise on November 1st! Dramatic? Maybe so, but I just don't like SCARY Halloween... I know, I know... stick in the mud... but seriously... it's all a bit too underworld for me...

But enough about me... ha! Back to those sweet little kiddos... they had a good time! AND Caden only had a few "shaking in the boots" moments due to the SCARY teenagers I spoke of earlier. AND the man in a gorilla suit and a pink tutu riding through the street on a moped... lovely, huh?! In fact, one of the teenagers that scared Caden was really upset that she did and asked her Mom why he was scared of her... Hmmmmm... maybe it's the red, demon-faced, bloody-mouthed werewolf mask complete with red dreads you've got on... I don't know?!

Geez Louise... kids these days! :) And their parents!! :) That's another rant for another day... and hopefully y'all won't have to be witness to it... :)
After all of the trick or treating fun we came home and sorted out our candy and let Caden have a few pieces... and then the bouncing off the walls commenced... it was hilarious! We got him to bed just before 9pm and he was one tired puppy!
What a GREAT Halloween for our little Texas Ranger!!

3 comments:

KK said...

Oh my goodness! Some of the pictures are priceless! The sad one needs to be entered in some kind of contest with a witty comment underneath!! Hilarious. So glad you had a great time.

Melissa said...

he looks soooo cute!! what a precious little ranger ball player! the sad pic is hilarious...very fitting for how the series is going so far. sounds like you guys had a fun halloween!!

Mrs. Frazier said...

O MY GOSH... that is the cutest halloween costume I have seen yet. honestly. He is precious... so random you commented bc I was just getting caught up on your blog earlier today! I am horrible at commmenting... Good luck on your bangs friend! I bet they will look GREAT on you... they make you feel sassy too. :)