Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy 10 Month Birthday Caden!!

Happy 10 Month Birthday Lil Man! I know, I know I can't believe it either... and YES, for the record I DO say this every month. I must admit this weekend in the blog department has been a BIG one, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from us for a few days... :)

There is so much to record about this month... so much new that you are doing like clapping your hands, raising your hands in the air (which just started today), playing with your toys independently and in new and different ways, crawling faster and faster, becoming more defiant, learning how to push mommy and daddy's buttons, especially at the dinner table... 

Your little personality is blossoming more each and every day. You are sensitive and sweet. You are outspoken and animated. You are going to give me a run for my money... your Daddy and I are going to be hopping on the serious discipline train very soon... like tomorrow maybe! :)

You are so interested in the world around you, exploring each and every inch of your little world. I feel so blessed that I am able to sit back and watch you take it all in. I cherish our weeks at home. As much as I love our weekends at home with Daddy or on the road traveling to see family and friends, I love nothing more than waking up Monday morning knowing that it is just a day of you and me. I love eating our meals together. I love our playtime. I love our trips to run errands... I love the days when we never get out of our PJs. I love every single minute... even the hard ones...

I love your two-teethed little grin, but I know that more are on their way... your poor little swollen gums have been giving you a run for your money lately, but you are doing your best to take it like a champ. Once your new teeth come in your food choices with certainly expand, but for now you are perfectly content with your mac n cheese... you would eat it for every meal, and sometimes mommy lets you! You are still nursing three times and a day and I am cherishing each and every time because I know that that time together will soon be gone. 

You're in your big boy car seat and you couldn't be more excited. I love seeing you sitting so big and tall, looking out the window watching the world go by. In the car is our favorite place to sing our songs, although you do love to watch me make a fool of myself as I dance and sing for you each afternoon... this has proven to make your fussiest moments a little happier! :) The jokes on me though I'm sure... You still don't say much but that's okay because your smiles and frowns are quite expressive and you've mastered the communicative grunt. 

But all these things, while fun and great could never top each minute I get to spend with you. I cherish each and every one, so much that I don't want a miss any at all! I love you Caden Ford Cox. I am proud to be your Mommy and I look forward to as many days with you as our good Lord has in store! 

What would a birthday post be without a few fun pictures... and TWO VIDEOS!!!

For today's "photo shoot" we put Caden in his "urban threads" complete with a new spikey hairdo and took him to the playground!! Enjoy...

These are pics of the first few times Caden raised his hands! I am giving TOTAL and complete credit to Miley Cyrus and her song Party in the USA. After a few days of singing it ALL the time, Caden mastered hands up!

















The first video is of him raising his hands... sorry about the singing... now you can feel Caden's pain!

The second video was taken a few weeks ago. It was the first time Caden clapped on command! 

4 comments:

KK said...

Love the spikey "do" and his urban threads! Cant wait to see him throw those hands up in person. Happy 10 months my sweet boy!

Amanda said...

Love the hair,too. Happy birthday Caden.

Lindsay said...

Love his spiky hair!

Mrs. Shelly Spaulding said...

I can't believe he is 10 months! That is so great. I love that adorable face! :)