Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

Happy St. Patty's Day! 

Don't be GREEN with envy, BUT Caden and I had the best time today...

We woke up on the green side of bed this morning, making sure we were dressed in the color of the day before we even came downstairs! A picture pre-coffee and breakfast... of course Caden had already eaten his breakfast! :)

After breakfast Caden (which is an Irish name by the way... ah the luck of it!) and I picked our most Irish sounding song and declared it the "SONG OF THE DAY!" From floor to ceiling you could hear the "sweet" sound of me singing..."There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza, there's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, a hole..." I figured with names like Liza and Henry... it was as close to originating in Ireland as any other song. AND because I'm a dork, I just had to look it up and turns out it is actually derived from a German tune... it's all Europe, close enough!

From there Caden and I headed out to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... and we found it... our friends Gina and Ava were rounding the corner after only a few minutes of hunting... we were able to get in a nice LONG walk today. Mommy worked up quite a sweat!

Nothing like a nice splash in an Irish Spring after a long day of hunting. Clean and cute once again, Caden and I played a special St. Patty's Day game...

How many things in Caden's room are green? Caden and I counted 40 and then stopped... I decided to gather a few of our favorite green things and staged a little St. Patty's day photo-op. 




Tonight we topped off the day with family burger night at Sonic after Daddy mowed the GREEN grass! Caden and I were dying to sing our duet of the SONG OF THE DAY! He LOVED it... the TWO times we sang it! I am pretty sure our neighbors at Sonic enjoyed it too! :)

Happy St. Patty's everyone... one for the record books!

3 comments:

Steph Meyer said...

ha, this cracked me up and made me miss you. love the pics!

xoxo

Amanda said...

I love the green. Don't know if I am too fond of the baylor gear! Maybe I am just jealous because Tech b-ball is struggling! I love the goodnight moon book, too. Mom used to read that to us all the time. I can't wait to see all of you in April. Gram told me all three of you are coming. I can't wait!

Cori said...

He's as cute as ever! I love the chunky thighs in the first picture! Give him a kiss from Aunt Cori and Uncle Tag! Love you all!