Wednesday, March 25, 2009

GREATEST MOMMY WORKOUT EVER

Hello skinny jeans and goodbye muffin top!! I have a GREAT workout for you!

In order to participate in the GREATEST MOMMY WORKOUT EVER you will need...

1. A happy kid and a great activity mat!

2. An IPOD or other music-playing device!

3. Light dumbells!
4. A "Yes Ma'am I can face"

Got all of that? Now turn up the music and dance, dance, dance! Get your arms in the air like you just don't care... with the extra weight you're pumpin' to the boppin' tunes you'll be sweating in no time! AND the kiddos LOVE this. Caden was having just as much fun as I was... he got in a great workout too with the first 10 minutes of our routine being tummy time!

My routine lasted for 45 minutes... thank you Caden!

I suggest starting with a medium paced song like "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles and then move into your classic 80s tunes..."Jump for My Love" by the Pointer Sisters, "Let's Hear It for the Boy" by Deniece Williams, of course, "Footloose"... then once you've got those crazy 80s moves out of your system and your arms are getting a little fatigued it is time for a little heavy pumping with some 50 Cent, Soulja Boy and the like. 

If you try the GREATEST MOMMY WORKOUT EVER let me know how it goes... and of course send along your favorite song picks... I will definitely need some new stuff to shake it up!

Now get up and dance!!

4 comments:

KK said...

You go girl. You will be in those skinny jeans in no time.

Anonymous said...

Katie, you are seriously hilarious and super creative, such a great mom! I'm sooo impressed with your blog and of course I appreciate the "mommy workout." Caleb loves sitting on my tummy while I do crunches, but I must try the dancing thing he would get a kick out of that. Thanks for sharing!

AB

Steph Meyer said...

i suggest a little maxine nightingale, "right back where we started from". gets me going every time! i loved this post and especially loved your "yes ma'am i can" face--now THAT's the katie i love!
have fun in san antonio!

Melissa said...

you are stinkin' hilarious...i love it! my favorite was the pic of you...can't wait to try this workout when carter arrives! have fun this weekend...love you!