Monday, November 3, 2008

tweet, tweet! a baby boy, oh how sweet!

Sunday, Caden and I were showered with love by our closest friends and family. Now I know I am no where near the queen of baby showers, this only being number four or five in the small handful I have attended, but I am pretty sure this shower tops them all! It was the perfect day... while I am sure no words could do it justice, I will try to set the scene...

Texas Hill Country, the changing autumn leaves, crystal blue lake surrounded by white limestone cliffs, a warm Sunday morning, an occasional fall breeze, a house on a hilltop overlooking it all. Egg casserole, fruit salad, french toast and the tastiest quiche bites you've ever savored, topped off with coconut cupcakes and party punch. Friends, both new and old, smiling, laughing, chatting...family, sharing, remembering, caring...truly a perfect day!

I could write an entire blog entry about each and every person that blessed us with their presence and presents yesterday. So many good friends, so many memories, I am so appreciate for each and every one of the relationships that were represented there yesterday. On my way home, I was talking to Justin on the phone and I was suddenly overwhelmed by the amount of love and support we have around us at all times. It is sad that it takes moments like yesterday to remind us how truly blessed we are. Yesterday was so special to me that I must have my chance to say my thanks to each of you... I don't care if it is a SUPER long post... it's my BLOG and I'll bore you if I want to! :) 

Steph, Paul, and Dylan: THANK YOU for our gorgeous setting yesterday and for all of your hard work in preparing for such a wonderful party! Steph, from bridesmaid to baby shower... can you believe we are both mommies? I love you so very much!

Melissa: We're having babies?! I have loved traveling this journey with you and am so excited for your big news tomorrow! Thank you for your continued encouragement, love and support! Love you to the moon and right back!

Cori and Trent: Sisters... sisters... you're my first! Caden is a lucky little guy to have an aunt that is going to let him eat his dessert first! :) We are so thankful for you and Trent! Y'all are the greatest... we love you!

Emily and Josh: Josh... you got a good one! Aunt Emmie you single-handedly kept me hydrated all day yesterday! You are Caden's number one fan... you have spoiled he and I ROTTEN! Thanks to you both for your love and excitement... lots of fun times ahead! Love y'all!

KK: Sweet KK! You've been my rock throughout this adventure into motherhood! You are the greatest example I could have and only hope Caden turns out half as great as me! :) Thank for being my mom and my best friend! I love you!

Nana: Sharla... can I just call you that? You will certainly keep Caden in the top percentile of any reading class he takes... we are so thankful for your continued interest and excitement in all things Caden! We can't wait to bring Caden to Waco to visit Nana and Paps!! We love you!

Grandmother: You came ALL the way from Abilene to celebrate with us! We are so thankful for your support and feel so blessed for Caden to get to have such a wonderful great-grandmother to know and love! I love you!

Gran: You are always excited! From the first time Justin brought me to your house, you have showered your love on our relationship. We are so glad that Caden will get to carry on the family name! We love you!

Emily and Bryce: Y'all are one of a kind! We are SO excited to have you a little closer to home...we'll be making lots of trips up and down I35! Thank you for coming yesterday... it is always GREAT to see y'all! What faithful friends you have always been to us! 

Julie and David: The newly-weds! I can't believe y'all came?! Justin and I felt so honored for you to delay your trip home to celebrate with us. You were certainly the icing on the cake... thank you!!

Aunt Rach: Our lone friend when we moved to this great city... and now you are an integrated part of the family! We can't wait to share our Caden memories with you. We are so thankful for your friendship... God has certainly had a hand in our story! We love you Rach!

Jennifer: We are so excited to have a preggo buddy to take all of our breast feeding and childbirth classes with... oh what fun we'll have this week! Thanks so much for coming yesterday, we'll be sure to repay the favor in just a few weeks!

Michelle, Frank, and Caroline: What blessings you have been to our family in so many different ways! Caden is so excited to meet this hot chick named Caroline he keeps hearing about. Thanks for celebrating with us yesterday, it meant so much!

 Thanks again to all of you who made this day such a special time for our family! 

And now for the good stuff... PICTURES!!!


Caden and I with the Cox/Ford family! 
Caden and I with Gram and KK... three generations... aren't we cute? 
Caden and I in action! Check out all of those gifts... we were spoiled ten times over yesterday! Caden has more Baylor stuff than any one child will ever need! Sic 'em! 
Me and my wonderful and beautiful hostesses! Shelly...we missed you! Cori, Steph, Meli, and Emily. Just four years ago, four of the five of my hostesses were in my wedding... and the only things that have changed are their last names. They are still the best friends a girl could ask for. We have also decided that had we known Emily in college, she'd have totally been a great addition! At least we've got her now! :) THANKS AGAIN for everything! I love y'all!!

Justin and I have had more fun playing with all of Caden's new loot and talking about all of the fun memories we have with each and every person who was there yesterday! We topped off our perfect day with a bedtime discussion of all of the great things yet to come! Here's to more memories!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Only 3 more weeks until Thanksgiving. I can hardly wait. Wish I could have been at your shower. Looked like it was beautiful!

Hillary Kouba said...

You look so cute! Where is that pink shirt from? I love it!