Sunday, November 16, 2008

From the Space Needle to The Alamo...

Hellooooo blog world!  As Caden's dad, I decided it was about time I give this whole "blogging" thing a try.  I have watched Katie immerse herself into this new society the past couple of months and I'm ready for my attempt at it and to call myself a "blogger"!  I hope that my post and journeys the past couple of weeks live up to the excitement that Katie has brought into your society....so here goes nothing...

So we begin in Seattle.  Last weekend I flew up to be apart of my life-long friend's (Brian "Beastland" Eastland) wedding.  I had never ventured up to that part of our country before and it's safe to say that this trip will not be my last.  Although I believe I would be miserable if I lived in a place where the sun only showed it's face 60 days a year, it was a beautiful place to visit for a few days.  Here are a few of the pics...


The Abbey where the ceremony and reception took place.  Check out the awesome leaves in front...they were all over the city.

Penland Hall #269 reunion.  2 of my best amigos...good times with these 2 guys!

Phi Chi reunion.  Jeff "Petey" Moss, yours truly, Wes "Wedding Singer" Longacre, Bito, Lynton

Petey and I cruised around the campus of UW, it was beautiful...and of course, had to check out the football stadium.
The famous Farmer's Market.  Maybe next time it will actually be open so I can see the fish soar through the air.


Next stop...San Antonio.  So last February I completed my first half-marathon here in Austin.  Although I really enjoyed the concept, the hills of Austin are way over-rated.  So when I saw SA's race advertising "fast and flat", I jumped all over it...anything to not have to run up the Enfield Hill that leads to the State Capital makes me a happy camper!  Of course this morning had to be the coldest morning for the year thus far...


Getting out of my car, about to load the shuttle that would take me to the starting line...yep, it says 38!

After completing the race...showing off my sweet medal.

Due to Katie's current state of being pregnant and not very mobile, she was not able to watch me this time...so I gave her a glimpse of what her stallion looked like out on the course this morning...#1 in your hearts, not the rankings...

To wrap up the weekend, we decided it was time for an updated bump pic.

As I conclude my post, I want to thank those of you who took the time to read my virgin blog post.  I hope it meets your standards and that I do not get rejected from your society so that I may post again in the future.  Thank you for allowing me to share my highlights from the past couple of weeks.

Here's to hoping I get to blog again in the future....have a great week!





3 comments:

KK said...

Way to go Justin!! Love all the pics. We are all so proud of you.

Michelle said...

It is so nice to see a blogging husband. We appreciate your thoughts too. Have a great week!

Olson Family said...

Erik and I read your entire first blog post and we thought it was great!!! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your son!

Erik, Jerica, and Jack