Thursday, November 20, 2008

Long Overdue...

Pardon the pun, the title has nothing to do with Caden or how long he's cooked. He certainly needs a bit longer, although with each new week comes another milestone. Praise God for 34 weeks!

It's the post that is long overdue... Caden and I have wanted to write this particular post for quite some time. It all started a few weeks ago...Caden and I were jammin' to our John Mayer radio station on Pandora (while working hard for our money) and happened to hear Lucky by Jason Mraz. The tune had a fun little rhythm and so we stopped and listened to the words. The chorus starts with "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend..." and continues on. As I listened, I thought..."was he writing this song about me? I should have written this song...it is SO true...I AM the luckiest girl in the world...I TOO am in love with my best friend."

And that was that, Caden and I decided that we needed to send our Dad and best friend a very special message via the world-wide-web and let him know just how lucky we felt! We decided the post would be much better if you too could listen to the song that inspired us, so without further adieu...

PUSH PLAY NOW!

So this is my man of the moment, Justin Travis Cox, 26, Director of Purchasing for Jimmy Jacobs Homes, Round Rock, TX. He is MY best friend. I know everything about him and yet he continually surprises me! Watching him transform into a dad over the past few months has been one of the most rewarding experiences as his wife, and let's just say that Caden and I didn't make this transition very easy on him at first...

We were quite a handful... from telling him to go away every time he got near due to a horrible aversion I had to his breath, to spontaneous eruptions of tears that only mom could heal, to late naps and early bed times that left us as two ships passing in the night, he never wavered, he was always proud to be my husband and even prouder to be a dad. And for these reasons, our 'thanks for hangin' in there Dad' is certainly long overdue...

Dearest Justin,

I am so thankful for you! In the spirit of the season there seems to be nothing more appropriate than a public display of appreciation, the only kind of PDA I approve of! :) This Thanksgiving our family has MUCH to celebrate, but before we celebrate it ALL, I would like it, if for just one day, YOU take the spotlight! To you all thanksgiving goes!

THANK YOU for...

Kissing Caden on my bare belly EVERY day when you get home from work,

Helping me laugh at my growing belly, elastic waistbands and gi-normous undies,

Eating bean and cheese quesadillas for a solid month,

Praying with me, for me and over me each and every day,

Praying for Caden by name,

Taking your role as a man seriously and with such grace,

Making two cars fit into our garage,

Having an unshakable faith,

Joining the blog world,

Making my life-long dream of being a stay-at-home mom come true, 

Being a strong leader at home and in the workplace,

Loving my family as much as I do,

Setting goals and achieving them,

Being the best puppy-parent two dogs could ask for,

Working early mornings and late nights to provide for our growing family,

Wearing pants and using extra blankets to keep warm at night,

Knowing what I need before I do,

Appreciating and acknowledging my contributions to our family,

Depending on me as much as I depend on you,

Keeping our house a clean, organize and peaceful place to be,

Making me feel like I am the prettiest girl in the world,

Telling me that I am even prettier when I'm pregnant,

Listening to stories about my crazy dreams and not judging me because of them,

Giving me honest counsel and advice,

Loving me more than you love yourself,

AND ALWAYS

Finding a time to laugh whether we're  in the midst a a joy, triumph or trial!

I love you,

Katie

3 comments:

KK said...

awww.....we love Justin too. We know he is going to be an awesome dad just as he has been a great husband and the best son in law we could ask for. We are so blessed!

Unknown said...

i might have just teared up at that.

Hillary Kouba said...

great song...I just downloaded it!