Monday, May 2, 2011

YRH, Katherine Murray Cox (at 31 Weeks)

Kaki and I had our FIRST, of what I hope to be MANY, mother-daughter dates last Friday afternoon while the dude of the house napped... Unlike my mother who I consider to be a TRUE historian of the times, I did NOT get up at 3am to watch the Royal Wedding coverage live, BUT I did in fact have several hours recorded and ready to watch at my disposal.

Friday was the day... Kaki and I had high hopes of a great nap from Caden after a morning at the allergist and thankfully our Fairy Godmother granted our wish and turned us both into Royal Wedding spectators for an afternoon of splendor and delight!

I watched the coverage from the beginning through the end of the wedding, fast-forwarding through the processional and straight to the kiss(es)... both of them! Kaki and I thoroughly enjoyed EVERY minute of the coverage and couldn't help but LOVE the fact that sweet Princess Kate and Kaki and I all shared a namesake! Although both Kaki and I agreed that she does spell her name completely wrong, but we are willing to overlook this seeing as she seems to get it right with the spelling of her nickname Kate. We thought about making Kaki, Kate, but in the end we felt like it was too formal for our family and I think we might have been right... after all ROYALTY is nothing short of formal!

While I know there are A LOT of Royal Wedding haters out there... I just want to say this... when do 200 billion people ACROSS the GLOBE ever get to hear the name JESUS CHRIST that many times in one sitting?! And Kate's brother's reading of Romans 12 was perfect... delightful... and downright awe-inspiring! So the next time you haters think about getting all righteous on us Royal Wedding lovers... think about it... :) Plus who can resist the pagentry of the whole thing... from the hats to the SUPER clean windows of all of the royal cars... it's all out of this world!

And look at that couple...
Clealry in love... I think you'll agree with Kaki and I when we say that we think this one was made to last! I mean especially when you watch Lifetime's version of the William and Kate story which we did... it is obvious that this was LOVE at it's very best! :)

Kaki and I had a GREAT girly Royal Wedding weekend date! I haven't been able to bring myself to delete the coverage yet... I think it might be EXCELLENT late night nursing material... and I know she'd appreciate the sights and sounds much more on the outside!

In other news Kaki is 31 weeks TODAY! I can hardly believe it... my weeks are down to the single digits... woah BABY (literally!). And what could have been a better gift than this delicious cold front that took me from sweating and swollen after lunch on the patio yesterday to dry and cool by dinner. Normally, I would be cursing a cold front his late in the Spring, but things are a changin' around here and I am thankful for every breath of crisp, dry air I get to enjoy! Bless my sweaty, hot heart!

I went back through my posts when I was preggo with Caden and found my 31 week picture with him and decided to do a little experiment and put on the EXACT same clothes for the truest comparison between the two! BUT first, Super Grover Caden in Daddy's Super Grover red cape decided that HE needed a picture too...

And NO we did not tell him to grab his belly... simply what he felt like he must do after watching Mommy pose for her belly shots ever so gracefully! :)

Alright... ready to play the matching game?!

Here I am at 31 weeks with CADEN...

And here I am at 31 weeks with KAKI...

What do y'all think? Same?! Different?! Justin says he thinks it's pretty darn close...

So for now we're taking heart that Kaki is growing just as she should... and following in her brother's footsteps... grow baby grow!

My sweet boy wanted to get in on the action... me and my two babies!! Wow... TWO... what a blessing!!

Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

KK said...

Love it! I do think you are pretty much the same big wise just not shape wise. And let me tell you Caden looks pretty darn special in that cape!! hahaha!! From one Katherine to another and then to the next......love you!

CaseyWiegand said...

aw u r so pretty! love u!!

Melissa said...

Love it! We enjoyed the royal wedding as well!! You look precious and oh so similar! Maybe carrying a little higher?? I can't believe you are only 9 weeks away!! You are going to LOVE two kids! It is so much fun!

Unknown said...

You look great!!! I also think you might be carrying a little higher with Kaki. Loved Caden's cape and pose! :) Can't wait to meet the little princess!!