Saturday, October 11, 2008

HGTV Who?

Happy Saturday everyone! What a day... in between all of the excitement in the college football world, Justin, my mom, and I worked feverishly hard on Caden's room. Mom came in for Caden and I's first shower, so we'll start there and get back to our fancy decorating skills a bit later...

Yesterday, my office threw a GREAT shower for Caden, Justin and me. We all left the office about 1:30 and headed to my co-worker Molly's house for the big celebration. I work in a small office, and we are very much like a family, so it was great to share my very first baby shower with them. It is sad to think I won't be with them each and every day here in a few months, but the trade-off is certainly no comparison no matter how much I love my job now!

Didn't they do such a great job?

I loved the clothesline. The only other time I've seen this done is at a bachelorette party, and well that just isn't quite is cute is it? 
Yummy food: turkey meatballs (Justin's fav), spinach and artichoke dip (my fav), fruit, salad, and chicken salad sandwiches!
Hey Cupcake! The best cupcakes in Austin, and maybe anywhere! They are sold from an airstream trailer on South Congress. For a little extra you can get an extra dose of sweet with a shot of whip cream in the middle of your cupcake, just like a twinkie. Best thing about the cupcakes...we had left-overs! You better believe Justin was not shy about asking for them either! 
And the happy mom and dad...we had a great time at Caden's first party! Thanks UWT!! Y'all are A-MAZING! 

Now back to the Cox's Debut on HGTV...

If you've been frequenting Cox's Corner, you've seen that we have chosen a delightful color of green for Caden's room. Well turns out that delightful color of green with the bedding we picked out was a little bit much, so we had some accenting to do. Rather than go with any one theme, Justin and I decided to go with colors: navy and lime green. So today was dedicated to all things NAVY! 

We started with paint...Mom and I traced squares down one wall of Caden's room, taped them off, and got paintin'! Check us out...                                                 
My paint brush lost a bristle... I'm not painting with my hands! Look at KK go!! 

Checking out our tape job! Caden even came out to give his opinion... can you see him?
Pulling up the skirt... it's a workout skirt... if you haven't tried them they are awesome! My mom actually gave me this one thinking it might be comfortable to wear while I was pregnant... she was right! I wear it ALL the time! Although today I had a little run in with the navy paint, so we are praying that a little prayer and a lot of Shout will do the trick!
This was Justin's job today... a big navy block behind Caden's crib. Mom and I taped it off... definitely not as easy as it sounds, and then he filled it in! The color looks a bit off in the picture...think true navy!

We had quite a few other projects today... making a window treatment and other wall decorations out of an extra bed skirt, putting together a bookshelf, hanging letters... my glue gun got quite a bit of action today! We're getting closer and closer...we can't wait to reveal the final product. Seeing his name on the wall and most things in place was certainly an exciting close to the end of our day!

A huge thanks to KK who used her thrifty brain and patient persistence to help Justin and I create the room we want for Caden! I love you momma!

Back to college football I go!

1 comment:

FG said...

I can't wait to see his room when you have it finished. It becomes so real when you start adding the finishing touches. (Michelle)