Saturday, October 25, 2008

Caden's Corner!

Happy Saturday! My apologies for yet another long delay. I have lots of great entries prepared for this week, so be patient and hopefully I'll find the time to get them all up!

We've had many requests to put our progress pics up of Caden's room. We still have a few things left to do but for the most part Caden's room is ready to go. It turned out better than we could have ever expected. Justin and I find ourselves sitting in there almost every night, sitting in silence daydreaming about the day we bring him home and into his very own room. It has been such a surreal experience seeing his room come to life. 

This little bookshelf is a $19 Walmart find... not the best quality but it serves a great purpose. The lamp was a little glue gun fun I have with some extra fabric that my mom and I used to make his window treatment and crib decoration. The frames are yet to be filled... we have special plans with the middle frame... we'll post more on that soon!
This changing table is the SAME table that both my brother and I were changed on as babies! It used to be a dark wood. We had great intentions of sanding and re-staining it to match the room, but after the coarsest sandpaper we could find was no match for its varnish we decided to make use of our extra navy paint. The pictures make the navy look like a royal blue, but it is the truest navy you can find! Lime green and navy blue, Caden's signature colors! 
This little shelf is one that hung in Caden's Uncle Josh's room when he was a little boy. After a little TLC it was the perfect fit for the room. We have Caden's winter jacket all ready to go. Caden's Aunt Emmie bought him his first Patagonia Fleece when she was visiting Denver earlier this fall. Justin's mom bought us the great piece of art that sits on the right... boy it is true, how we have prayed for this little boy! And the little piggy bank on the left was a Hobby Lobby find not too long ago... we couldn't resist! 
Caden's crib! Caden will be learning his name as he sleeps! 
A view from the doorway... see the colored worm along the wall? My mom bought this for Caden a few weeks ago... isn't it adorable?! I have called Caden my little squirmy worm since I started feeling him flutter around in my tummy and the nickname stuck! Caden is going to have more fun with this life-size worm! Each section makes a different noise, squeak, rattle, crinkle, etc. 

I can't forget the best part of the room... the RUG!! I first saw this rug online at Pottery Barn Kids for $160, but LUCKILY my mom happened to stop through San Marcos on her way to Austin a few weeks ago and found the SAME rug... my rug... at Pottery Barn outlet for $40!! Can you believe it?! I almost feel guilty... do they realize we basically stole this from them?! 

I hope everyone has enjoyed another great day in college football. Stay tuned for much more excitement this week... LOTS of good things to post!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love love love the colors you chose. The room looks perfect. I think the squares on the walls are a great addition.

Amanda said...

Love the room. You need to have your own show. Can't wait for your next post!