Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ending at Where We Started (Part II), Our Abilene Detour

Part II slingshots us much closer to the end which is where we started, by way of Abilene.

A weekend away...

We brought home clarity and full hearts...

Which some great legend of a Coach Taylor would say...

Clear minds, full hearts, can't lose...

Friday Night Lights...

How appropriate that we WERE in West Texas.

Okay, back to it.

We were in Abilene celebrating Clay and Holly and their upcoming wedding!! And everyone was going to be there... WHAAAAAA hoooooo!!

Which meant that the rest of our crew would get to meet our newest little guy...

The one, the only... Whitters!!


I think someone thought he was pretty special... and I have a suspicion the feeling was mutual! :)


Grandmother and her grandbaby named after her... now that's special!



Happy!


And the rest of the rugrats... :) So many chil-ren... so many!

In order of appearance... Caden, Whit, Kaki, Cy, Kennedy, Ryan and Kendall! Aren't they the cutest???!!! And already the best of cousins!!


Their fun with their cousins wore them flat out...

Our view on the way home Sunday looked like this...



And my fun just made me want more!! 

We had a NIGHT OUT with the big kids!! At the shower... and then to the ACC! 

The girls... we're missing Holly in this pic... the newest blond to enter our crew!!



POSE...

Work it...


Get it, Kyle!

Oh and I lied... everyone made it... BUT not Albi! He was stuck in CC in an ice storm... not in CC but on the roads he would have driven to get there... In fact, we were lucky to have KK, Josh, Emily and Whitters join us as they lost a few days in Waco on the way out due to the ice! What a crazy winter it was!

And then my hubs... the rock star... the life of the party... he makes me laugh!!

The King of the Selfie!! He was doing selfie long before it was a thing... I have SO many pictures to prove it! Like would pick my pictures up at Walgreens and there he'd be... And I always got doubles and sometimes triples... I've got an album's worth of his selfies!



Here's the whole crew... minus Albi and the kiddos... 


Another angle...


It was the BEST weekend!! Spending time with my family is always JUST WHAT I NEED. Seeing my kids form relationships with their cousins the way I have mine warms my heart to no end. I love you each so very much! 

Thank you Grandmother for always welcoming the craziness into your home!! It is a special place!

Come May... we'll be doing it all over again in College Station as Clay and Holly get hitched!!! 



And now for the continuation of our story and how the Abilene detour became a pivotal turning point...

On our way home... the quiet of the car and the open road before us got our brains turning.

Justin and I hadn't thought much, if at al,l about our situation back at home all weekend. We didn't remember that we had a house that we had to pack up or a new one to move into. We talked some to family about visiting us in Lakeway, but that was it.

On the drive home... reality came back... our situation became heavy... the answer, however seemed clear. House #4 was not the house. I knew that. I didn't know where the right house was, or even if there was one out there at that moment but I knew it wasn't right.

And for the first time I began to feel that Lakeway wasn't right...

But where would be right?

If we couldn't make 4 houses work in Lakeway was this the spot? Maybe. But it my gut I knew the answer was no. I didn't want Lakeway enough to find house #5...

So I spoke up... and said... you know what... #4 is not it...

We gotta pull out...

Let's take a beat...

A breather...

Maybe we'll rent...

Maybe we'll do an apartment...

Maybe we'll move, but not so far... maybe we'll move back to Round Rock...

We didn't know...

So we took a breath...

Called our realtor Monday morning and said thanks, but no thanks...

We were farther from "settled" than we had been the entire process, but we were more at peace and we had to go with that... trust... timing... After 4 houses, God had an opinion and was willing to exercise it, we just had to wait. Trust. BREATHE!

So we waited... 

To be continued...

No comments: