Monday, March 4, 2013

Race Ready...

 KK and Albi came to visit us this weekend... the next time we see them it will be time for Caden's big race in Corpus Christi... 

So, naturally, KK and Albi treated Caden to some new race wear... because we all know that no one has ever won a race with old shoes... I mean COME ON!

This pic was taken EARLY Sunday morning before Kk and Albi left... cute huh?!


So Sunday after church we made a family trip to the track... to try out Caden's fancy new shoes... thanks Kk and Albi! And to do some runnin'! 

Caden has to run a mile... tell me, does that sound like an impossible feat for a four year old to anyone else? I was very concerned we were setting him up for failure and urged Justin to let him try it a few times before the race.


Well, clearly I know NOTHING about the running abilities of said four year old, because with lots of proper stretching...



And a few Gatorade breaks... the boy did it! All four laps! A mile!


Strechin' out at the end...


His biggest fan...


Oh scratch that... I am his biggest fan... in the most literal sense!


Hi, Airplanes... yes, that is what Kaki does outside... eats her snacks and waves at the airplanes... such a girl! :)


Oh and finds things to climb in... without letting go of her snacks, of course!


It was a fun outing and it made both Mommy and Caden way less nervous. In fact Caden said, "When I was thinking about my race I was very nervous, but now that I know I can do it, I am not nervous anymore!" 

And then he follows up with...

"I sure hope I win!"

And then he cries...

"I want to win!"

Oh my... competitive just like his Daddy... 

We are already doing the... it doesn't matter who wins... it's that you try hard... it's that you finish... it's that you do your best...

And I chimed in with, "Mommy has never won a race in her entire life!"

Now that is certainly inspiration at its' finest, isn't it?! :)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

KK said...

Enjoyed being with you guys this weekend. It was so fun. Can't wait to see Caden get his "race on" in a few weeks.

Unknown said...

What a big guy! Running a mile, wow!