Sunday, February 8, 2009

On the Catwalk...

I'm a model, you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk

Nothing like a little Right Said Fred to get you in the mood for this Cadenized post! That's right, I'm back in business my friends and ready to share my latest project with my blogger buddies. My apologies for the long absence from the blog world but I've been a little preoccupied with my work aka creative genius!

You see not too long ago my KK was lunchin' it with the girls after golf and like any proud KK would do she pulled out her 'brag book.' I know, I know... humility isn't one of her best attributes, but we forgive, we have to! Anyway... so as she's showing the ladies my pics a man walks by the table, stunned by the stardom that was leaping off of the pages in KK's little navy book.

"Who is that angelic creature," he asks, "and where does he get that audacious smile?"

KK explained that while much of my outer appearance can be attributed to my dad, my mom is the one who gives me all of my style points! Not long after her lunch date KK hit me up on my cell and told me the good news. Mommy and I talked it over and decided it was time... time to use what my daddy gave me and work the catwalk.

Since then mom and I have done a few in-home shoots and sent them off to our favorite designers... We're pretty proud of our portfolio thus far and wanted to share just a few of our best shots with you.

First up, Roca Wear... my man JayZ's company is truly inspirational. He is definitely fashion-forward with his bold use of color!  And who doesn't love a guy that makes overalls cool... This piece is from one of his newest collections..."Snoop D-O-Double G."


Sup homes! Any good model knows how to play to his audience!

Check out my kicks... they're cars... gangsta' cars! My Aunt Emmie actually picked these up for me when she and Uncle Josh were celebrating their 1-year anniversary in Maine. Holla at yo girl!

On the finer side of things...

Because Daddy, Albi and Uncle Josh are Brooks Brothers' best customers I was given a little preferential treatment. The clothes are tailored and refined with lots of buttons which can certainly become problematic when I get fussy, but we work through it!


Squares and dots... Brooks Brothers believes in defined shapes and lines, nothing too crazy!

Even my bear dressed for the shoot, complete with his sailing scarf! 

Mommy just told me that InStyle said orange is the new pink this spring... dreadful! My daddy and I fully believe in sportin' pink during all times of the year, especially Brooks Brothers pink! There will be no orange in our house!

This outfit is such a classic that Uncle Josh wore this when he was just a babe! So I guess you could say I'm rockin' a vintage classic!

Preppy meets granola in this Spring's J Crew collection...

Again, my fashion diva Emmie hooked me up with this Patagonia fleece during a trip to Colorado earlier this year. It is the perfect combo with my dark wash jeans and classic white tee.


Unzipped...
Strike a pose... who's the hipster now?!

Every little boy has an adventurous side...


Can't go wrong with classic khaki's and a white thermal tee... you never know when the weather will turn cold, this is Texas after all!

Ever seen an LLBean catalogue without a dog? I think not! 

If you expect a good catch, taming the worm is the first step when baiting your hook... not only do I look the part, I AM the part... I am a Fi-sher-MAN! A Fisher Price man that is!

Well, that's it! Not bad for my first shoot. I'd like to take a few minutes before I close to say thank you to some very important people. My personal shopper, Aunt Emmie, my agent, KK, my stylist and biggest fan, mommy and my photographer and second biggest fan, daddy! Without y'all this would not have been possible! 

Until next time... remember... attitude is everything, big is beautiful and high-fashion comes with a price tag (unless you are a bargain shopper like mommy)!

Hit it...

I'm a model you you know what I mean
And a do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk...

3 comments:

KK said...

Your dad is continually amazed at your creativity. Of course you do have quite the subject to work with. Love that little model of yours! KK and Albi

Emily and Josh said...

Ooooh yes! Aunt Emmie can't wait to find Caden's next fab outfit. Love you!

Amanda said...

I didn't know Caden was so metro!! Just kidding! He is so precious. I am counting down the days until we come see yall. Only 3 more days!! Thanks for the advice on the rib pain. I took some tums and sure didn't work. I think Cy is cramming his feet up there like you said. He moves around alot!