Saturday, September 1, 2012

30th Birthday... A Belated Post

Catching up... catching up...

I always seem to be in a never-ending/winning game of catching up! I need to get with the program! Or something like that...

So I had a birthday! A big one! But I prefer not to look at it as THE big one... just A big one! And a great one! Thirty! It's hard to believe really. I still feel not a day older than 14... until I look at my jean size... But it's true... on August 23rd, 2:20ishpm I turned 30! Don't worry KK made sure to call at the EXACT time I was born to give me the phew extra hours to relish life in my twenties! :) But 30... it kind of feels like I've arrived... at womanhood, parenthood, adulthood... it's for real now... no turning back! It's 30! And I love it! And I'm thankful for it... and for each day that the Lord allows to follow! 

It seems that BIG birthdays, like the big 3-0, lend themselves to a little extra celebrating and I was certainly nothing short of celebrated for an entire weekend plus a few days! And grateful for it!

My birthday weekend plus a few days started on Thursday, the 23rd... my actual birthday, where my sweet kiddos and hubby woke me up with cards and breakfast in bed... Starbucks style... which was fabulous! The cards made me cry and the coffee was delicious! It was the perfect way to start my day. The rest of the day was pretty much business as usual... Kaki was sick with a killer cold, which she'd end up gifting to me, her brother, her Daddy AND her KK! She really gets fired up with the whole birthday giving thing... she just couldn't stop herself! :)

But look at that sweet girl... snotty... but oh. so. cute!

We took this pic before I got dressed to head to a meeting the night of my birthday...


But my birthday wasn't all snot and meetings... because the next morning my sweet hubby whisked me away to here...


Where I did NOTHING but sit, drink, eat, and READ for FIVE quiet hours! FIVE!! It was awesome! 

Oh and I got to hang with my best friend for the afternoon too!! :) I think he may have enjoyed himself too! 


Meanwhile my little loves were back at the ranch with KK and Albi who graciously took on the Chade and the Chack-ster for day/night so Justin could plan a special getaway I think it is safe to say that they were "celebrated" too! ALL WEEKEND LONG!


No trip to KK and Albi's is complete without a visit to the local toy store... 

And then they had to HEAD home to PLAY with all of their new goods... of course!


And pass along their germies!! :)


And Justin and I just carried our fun from the pool right into dinner...


Slow, yummy, and relaxing... 


After dinner we settled in for some room-service dessert and a fun movie  and we nestled in for a good night's rest in a lovely hotel bed!! By morning we were rested, refreshed and ready to go see our kiddos...

Who were clearly missing us...


Future mamas and milkshakes... the makings of a great trip to the grandparents'!


By Saturday afternoon nap time was in FULL SWING... for almost everyone... 

Albi cuddled up with Rosita from Sesame Street for an afternoon snooze...

Turns out being an Albi is HARD work... in fact dog gone exhausting!


And Justin just falls asleep if he sits still for more than 5 minutes... nothing new there... 


But it was good everyone got their rest because we had a YUMMY dinner to eat later on that evening. My official FAMILY birthday dinner where Josh and Emily came and surprised me too! They drove in for the evening to eat with us! It was so fun having the WHOLE family together again... it was a repeat of KK's birthday just a month earlier! SO FUN!


When we got home my Mama had made me my traditional Strawberry Birthday cake... my favorite! It was yummy as always! I may have even had a piece before we went to dinner... and maybe another piece for breakfast the next morning... Hey! You only turn 30 once!

And on Sunday we got to see Aunt Ree Ree and Uncle Tag for lunch on our way out of town... little did we know we'd be seeing them just short of a week later for the big arrival of Baby Agnew!! BUT more on that later... 

It was a fun 30th birthday celebration from start to finish! I had a great time being with family and celebrating with the people I love most! 

And if these next two pictures aren't the perfect representation of a WELL-CELEBRATED weekend then I don't know what are!!



What happens at KK and Albi's house, STAYS at KK and Albi's house! :)

1 comment:

KK said...

Ummm.....2:08 to be exact! So glad we all got to celebrate. I think you might have had the perfect birthday weekend minus the snot,of course. Love you.